Monday, October 5, 2009

SPOILER ALERT!


Last night marked the closing of Season 6 of HBO's hit series Entourage. I don't know about anyone else, but I was a little shocked and underwhelmed at the same time at some of last night's events. As an avid Entourage fan, I've been watching since season 1 and I look forward to my Sunday nights with Vince, Ari, E, Drama, and Turtle. What initially attracted me to the show was the natural sense of comaraderie between the four boys from Queens and the hilarious escapades they always got themselves into. Vince is the charming superstar who manages to hook up with at least one girl per 30 minute episode. Eric is his level-headed manager and best friend from boyhood, Drama is his C-list actor brother who is aging quicker than he can find a new role to play, and Turtle is the loyal sidekick to them all. Ari Gold of course is played by Jeremy Piven and is never at a loss for memorable quips and outbursts he spews at any of the entourage, his assistant Lloyd, or other innocent bystanders. This season, it seems that the focus has been taken off of Vince and his career and moved towards the story lines of his buddies. I found myself wondering in the middle of the season what project Vince was even working on. I miss the days in Seasons 1-3 when Vince was on top of the world and starring in the highest grossing movies in America. I do love Turtle's new relationship with real-life girlfriend Jamie Lynn Sigler, but I don't want to see an entire episode about how they are coping with sorority girls stealing Turtle's boxers on a dare. E has always been my favorite character, but I started to grow less fond of him when he held on to his psycho girlfriend Ashley this season. Ashley was not even a cute girl and I thought E had more sense than to stick with a girl who demanded to go through his emails and monitor his phone calls. I was shocked last night when Eric got engaged to his on-again-off-again love interest, Sloan. What will happen next season when one of the Entourage boys is married? I just don't see it. And the last we see of Vince is him flying off to Italy to film a movie accompanied by his brother Drama. Will Vince be reduced to loser-status now like Drama? It didn't feel like the same Entourage I have grown to know and love last night. However, the highlight of last night's episode was the cameo from LeBron James. Being from Cleveland, I love any time I can see LeBron on or off the basketball court.

-Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment